Saturday, September 27, 2008

Oven Baked Pancakes

Have you ever put something in the oven to stay warm, and then promptly forgot about it until the next time you turn on the oven and it burns? Two nights ago, I made pancakes and put the extras in the oven to stay warm. To me, the worst kind of pancakes are the cold ones; they just don't taste like real pancakes!. Anyhow, last night I when I opened the oven to put something else in, my wonderful pancakes were round discs of hardened dough. Ew. So, me, being the sneaky individual that I am, decided to inspect these "pancakes" to see if I could devise and plan worthy of action. I picked one up. It was pretty firm, round (I am getting better at making my pancakes round! Yay!), and was of a decent weight. An idea started forming, and before I could think about it too much, I launched it discus style over the counter towards my husband. And I missed. It hit the side of the couch and rolled away on it's side. The look on Bryan's face was priceless, and in the minute of confusion, I was able to run over and snatch it again. What ensued was a war of the pancakes. We had to clean up a lot of crumbs afterwards. Thank goodness for vacuums!

It was a good evening. (I won!)

No comments:

Post a Comment