Saturday, September 20, 2008

One Saturday Morning...

It's saturday morning and I am at work. Starting a blog sounds like a really good idea at times like these. So, I did. I don't really know where to start, so I guess I will start in the middle and move forward.

I am taking a water aerobics class with my sister, Liz. Before you can ask, no, I'm not pregnant and neither is Liz. I get that question almost every time I tell someone I'm taking it. The last time I was asked, I burst into laughter and my friend was looking at me like I was crazy. And maybe I am. Who knows? Last year, I saw this class from the second floor of the RB. 30 women splashing and bobbing around a swimming pool in time to aerobic music. I thought it was pretty funny and went on my way. Little did I know that in a year, I would be down there with them. When my sister approached me with the idea, I was a little wary. Grace and balance have never been my specialty. But, pushing my reservations aside, I signed up for the class. Now, I have a lot of fun splashing and bobbing as I jog, lift weights, and stretch in the water. I know I look ridiculous, but it makes me exercise (something that never happens unless I have a commitment). I know that I will never make fun of them again, at least they are making an effort to do something. Unlike myself who loves watching movies and cooking.

So, I thought I was going to be able to impress all my friends and family with my excellent prose and wit, but I seem to have failed. Hopefully this won't discourage you from reading further. As a gift, I will give you a picture of who my husband (Bryan) and I really are in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment