Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication


Today we had the opportunity to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication. It was amazing. I enjoyed listening to the speakers, but I could really feel the spirit during the dedicatory prayer. It makes me so glad that I have the chance to attend the temple so often. It has been a real blessing in my life to have been called with Bryan as the temple coordinators in our ward; otherwise I don't think I would have gotten over my nervousness. Having the responsibility to go every month with the ward was the push I needed to become a more regular temple attender.

President Monson told a funny story about Pres. Uchtdorf that all enjoyed. They were in a 747 airplane, looking around and they went to the cockpit. Pres. Monson said that it was all he could to to stop Pres. Uchtdorf from sitting in the pilots seat, but he sat down anyway. As Pres. Uchtdorf put his hands on the wheel, Pres. Monson said, "Don't do it Dieter!" I think it was funnier hearing it, but I still chuckle thinking about it.

It was a great experience and I am glad I had the chance to witness it.

No comments:

Post a Comment